OKS LABS and UPMARKET analyzed over 20 global trends in services such as online courses on how to work on marketplaces, content production and promotion, logistics and inventory management, as well as analytical and financial services. The best practices and recommendations in each of these service segments for sellers on marketplaces are presented using a brand new framework – the seller journey map on marketplaces.
The authors identified 5 global trends in services for sellers on online marketplaces.
- Business process automation in all service segments. For example, content production increases demand for automatic filling of product cards and for PIM systems that enable content storage, management, and transfer to marketplaces.
- Integrated IT solutions are becoming increasingly popular as they are user-friendly and cover all stages of the seller journey. These IT services include inventory management, analytics, stock movement tracking and other solutions for sellers.
- High growth in services with focus on the end-user experience. Sellers engage in live e-commerce on marketplaces, produce unique design for product cards and packaging to attract customers and boost sales.
- Service providers develop and improve products and services based on sellers’ feedback. Suppliers use an iterative development approach based on feedback from sellers to expand their service offering and create “all-in-one” ecosystem solutions.
- New suppliers with a large client base of potential sellers enter the service market. For example, banks launch financial and complementary services for newcomers on online marketplaces.
In our turbulent time, this report might help to develop and expand their businesses for all market players ranging from existing and future sellers and service companies to marketplaces and industrial design and category management providers.